What is the new JobKeeper payment?
Due to COVID-19, government restrictions have meant that many employers have been forced to stand down employees or to dramatically reduce their hours. The JobKeeper payment is a government subsidy aimed at assisting your boss keep paying YOU a wage in these uncertain times. This is great news for employees whose income has been impacted by COVID-19. Millions of workers across Australia are eligible to receive fortnightly payments of $1,500 (before tax) regardless of how many hours they work.
Why am I getting paid so much on JobKeeper?
A lot of Australian workers will be getting paid more for doing less with JobKeeper payments than they were before COVID-19. It may seem too good to be true, right? But actually, this is a government stimulus payment designed to not only help businesses through this crisis, but for YOU to stimulate our economy with the payments.
What can I spend my JobKeeper payments on?
Right now, our communities are full of small businesses who are either struggling or worse, have been forced to close their doors. Small businesses need our help! Rather than feeling guilty for earning extra money during this difficult situation- support your local community! There are so many ways to support small businesses, here are just a few:
- Send flowers to a friend who may be in ISO alone
- Shout the next frontline medical worker a coffee at your local coffee shop
- Take a break from cooking and treat your family to takeaway once a week
- Purchase beauty products from salons who have been forced to close
- Buy gift certificates from businesses who are closed temporarily
- Subscribe to a local gym's online fitness program
- Get cracking on your Christmas shopping for your kids or grandkids
- Purchase some boardgames to play with the kids or grandkids (and reduce their screen time)
- Send wine to a friend who is working from home and trying to homeschool
- Buy your fruit & veg from your local green grocer instead of a big supermarket
The JobKeeper government package has been designed for YOU to stimulate our economy, so go ahead and stimulate it!
Our team are here and happy to assist you with any questions you may have, simply reach out to us here.